Friday, July 17, 2015

Five For Friday - July 17

I'm doing my first Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.





So first off, I have been doing more shopping for the classroom... You can see the .25 deals I scored at Office Max on my Some Savings post. I went back and grabbed some more today too. Including Sharpies, which were .25 each. :)










Secondly, I am almost done with physical therapy, for the third time since I've been here... Yay! Lol. I still can't run unless I'm in their AWESOME Alter-G treadmill, but I'm up to running with 70% of my body weight. What's that saying... Slow and steady wins the race?








Next, I haven't done much work teaching wise.... BUT, I did manage to make my chevron noise check signs, student self assessment posters, and I did some reading of 4th grade books. I've had a few books sitting in my filing cabinet and never got to reading them so I took the time to start a few: When You Reach Me by: Rebecca Stead, A Wrinkle in Time by: Madeleine L'Engle, The Cricket in Times Square by: George Selden, and Tuck Everlasting by : Natalie Babbitt. All of which I've never read.







I decided to try out this Stitch Fix craze. Since we don't live near any great stores I thought, why not see what they choose to send me. What I was NOT expecting was how expensive their clothes are! They sent the most amazingly comfortable jeans, but it's so hot here I couldn't even try to talk myself into spending the $77 for them. I only kept one shirt, which is super cute and was still expensive, in my book. But I don't have any polka dot shirts so I decided to keep it.






Lastly, I would just like to share my condolences with the Marines and their families. Knowing things can happen here is always hard, but when they actually do happen, it's heartbreaking. I know it's in the news a lot right now and everyone is going to choose to spin it into pro- or anti-gun propaganda, but in the end it's about the lives that were lost and our security at home. So here's to them and waiting on my husband to come home safely.






That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by and reading, sorry to end with a downer.

Happy Friday,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment