Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Some savings...

As a teacher, I often spend a lot of my own money to buy things for the classroom. I don't think people really realize how much of their own money teachers spend. It's a good thing we don't have any kids yet because I probably wouldn't have as much to spend on my classroom...

So, I was telling my husband about the crayons and markers I had bought and he assumed I got them from Office Max, which then made me look at their ad because we actually have one here. And I saw their .25 deal. So, I got some steals!

I made 3 trips into the store because it was a "limit 3" deal (the cashier just laughed when I asked and then proceeded to make 2 more trips into the store). Everything here was part of that deal. I ended up with 45 highlights, 9 pencil cases, 9 scissors, and 36 glue sticks for less than $10 plus tax! *I still need to make more trips for more scissors and pencil cases, but I didn't want to seem too weird.


Next, I went to Publix because they had Crayola crayons on sale 2/$1. Not sure if that's a great deal, but I will only use Crayola crayons and figured I might as well buy some for the class. Their crayola markers were also on sale BOGO, but I am hoping I can find them a little cheaper. More like $1 each... Is that wishful thinking?


I still need to buy some expo markers to add to their baskets, but these are pretty much their table supplies. I want them to keep the highlighters and scissors and expo markers in the cups so they can't fool around with them when they're not supposed to... You know those kids that like to highlight anything and everything while you're talking or they're just sitting there. And I'm making "whiteboards" to tape to their desks and really don't need them drawing on those during lessons.


Just thought I would pass on the news for some deals, if you didn't already know.

Happy Wednesday!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment