Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made It - More Chevrons and Stuff

It's another Monday, which means another link-up with 4th Grade Frolics!

Now, before I get to the few made its this week, let me say that I thought yesterday was Monday when I woke up. I also thought all day Saturday that it was Sunday. I even went as far as to mark off Saturday on my calendar yesterday. It's been a looooooooong summer for me. With that said, it really is Monday and I am ready to share my made its. Hope you enjoy!


I normally tell students the voice level that I expect before I unleash them on the task at hand. And then continue to remind them, as a class, throughout the activity. I had thought about those noise level apps and then I stumbled upon noise level posters to put up in the classroom. So here they:


Students can easily reference these during their work and I can easily point to the board without saying a word as a reminder to students that are getting a little loud. I'm always happy when I don't have to shout and interrupt students who are actively working and working quietly. So I'm hoping these work well in the classroom. And they're bright, colorful, and chevrons... What more do you need?


Second are these student self-assessment posters.


It's an easy way to see who is understanding and who needs more help. I'm also thinking of making them smaller and putting them on a ring. Then students can flip to their self-assessment, put it in the right corner of the inside of their desk, and I can check it while I walk around. This way I can see if there are any students that were too embarrassed to show a 3, which I totally understand. But then I can still help them either independently or in a group setting with others that are also having problems.


Next, I didn't really make these, but I did color them. They are signs for the classroom. I'm always looking for inspirational things to post on the walls. I came across these on Pinterest looking for journaling pages and couldn't help myself. Plus, coloring is supposed to help with stress and stimulates the brain.

To check these out, click here.

Don't have time to color them yourself? She has them in color on her website, too. And I'm going to have the kids color their own bookmarks. Thinking this might be good for any downtime during the week I'm gone.


My last made it isn't teaching related, but I'm super excited to have made it.


My PT assistant was telling me she had already started on hers... So, of course, I had to get mine started! It's almost that time! :)

Happy Monday!
Morgan

4 comments:

  1. Love your coloring pages! I still love coloring! :) Following your blog.would love a follow from you! http://lifeandlearningwithlaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a relaxing time coloring. :) I went and followed your blog as well.

      Delete
  2. I love your voice level cards! I use voice levels daily in my class and love the visual reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those inspirational signs! They are so bright and beautiful!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete