Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Made It

It's Monday again and I have been working like crazy... And yet feel like I've gotten NOTHING done. I fixed my printer all by myself, which means I've been printing like crazy! So, here is another Monday Made It with Fourth Grade Frolics.


My first Monday Made It is A LOT of stuff, so bear with me. I realized I needed something for my early finishers to do instead of me say, "Read silently". So I scoured the wonderful internet sources and found quite a few ideas.

So first off, I made something that I put up in the classroom for students to easily reference when they finish tasks early. I provided many different activities so that students don't just have to silent read when they get finished. I hope this provides them with enough choices and will keep them busy without bothering me. Once these are laminated, I will take a ribbon and put all the choices on it.

So, the following are the choices on the early finishers list: Math It Up, Silent Reading, Journal, Where Am I?, Book Project (which is a different take on book reports that they should also be working on at home, but why not let them work on it in their free time), Research Project, and Daily Reflection. Too many choices? What do you think?

I saw Math It Up on other blogs and had to take a look for myself. I love the idea and plan to add fractions and decimals later. I, unfortunately, have to make sure everything matches; therefore, I had to do everything in chevrons. So here's my special chevron ones...

  


Next are journals. Students can use their journal to write a story, or anything they can think of. Anything to get the juices flowing. For those that are a little more reluctant or don't know what to write, I will have a container of journal prompts and also journaling papers they can fill out. I'm also thinking of buying (*shocker*) some Minecraft journal prompts since I know that's a big thing right now.


Lastly, the daily reflection board. Students will have time at the end of the day to add a post-it to their number at the end of the day, but they can do it anytime throughout the day when they have some extra time.

It's really bugging me that the circles are crooked...


My second Monday Made It are my class jobs (I'm missing my purple set of class jobs because I want to make sure I have enough jobs before I print out the last page) and desk name plates. And you guessed it, they're in chevron. Now, I just need to get everything laminated so I can cut everything out.




Then there are my mod podge projects for the classroom. I made my own mod podge because it's so expensive. I bought a pack of 2 bottles of glue from Dollar Tree and added 2 bottles of water and it's done.

They were still drying...

So, I decided that I want each table group to have their supplies together in a basket. So I picked up 5 baskets at Dollar Tree (sadly they didn't have any pink) and also a few folders. Unfortunately, my early finishers folder didn't stick.. I may not have used enough. I'll either have to try again or just tape it down.

That's all I have for you all this week. I'm loving getting ideas from other people's blogs!

Happy Monday!
Morgan

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! You've been so busy getting things done. I'm feeling the crunch of getting ready for school now - so I'm getting busy too!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're officially less than a month away from teachers going back. It's pretty crazy!

      Delete
  2. Love it! You are right that mod podge is so expensive and so easy to make!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your chevron creations! I use chevron in my classroom too! You have been working hard. We go back in less than three weeks! I need to get busy.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all these made its! The bright colors are so fun :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete